Monday, December 13, 2010

7 Months Recap

Sawyer got to do a lot of fun things when he was seven months. We celebrated Thanksgiving and now we are preparing for his first Christmas. Keith started a new job about a month ago and he has been going non-stop since then. So, while he is away I feel like I have been a single parent most of the time. We both know that this will not last forever and it is harder on Keith then it is on me. He works so hard for our family and I appreciate him so much for that. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about caring for Sawyer because if anything, I'm getting more time with him to play, nurture, and bond with him. He knows that I'm his Mama and he likes to have me close by. It is the sweetest thing ever when I go to pick him up and he reaches for me or when we play on the floor and he will turn around to touch me just to make sure that I'm there. He is such an affectionate little guy and loves to be kissed and hugged. I love that he is like this and I didn't know there was such a yearning in my heart to be filled when he wants me to love him. It is overflowing.

Here is what a day in the life of Mr. Sawyer looks like:

* Wakes up between 6:00-6:30 and takes a 7 oz. bottle.
* He will play in his walker, jumparoo, and on the floor with toys until around 8:30 and he will eat breakfast   which is normally oatmeal with a jar of baby food fruit.
* After breakfast, he will take his morning nap which will be an hour and sometimes an 1 1/2 hrs.
* Another bottle and then play some more.
* Lunch around 12:30-1:00 which is 1 vegetable and 1 fruit.
* Playtime and then a bottle before his afternoon nap between 2:00-3:00 which is also 1-1 1/2 hrs.
* More playtime and an outing if we need to get out.
* He will eat dinner (1 vegetable and 1 fruit) around 6:00 followed by a bath and bottle at 7 then bedtime.

***He still goes to Honey's house Tuesday-Thursday and loves it over there. He scoots around in his walker and plays with his toys. She is such a big help and I don't know what we would do without her!! Papa D comes home earlier the days he is over so he can get his Sawyer fix!

He LOVES to eat and so far and he likes everything we give him. He still hasn't had meat so right now he is our little vegetarian! We found out the hard way that corn is a no go...

He loves his Daddy!



He loves to look outside. He will look at the leaves falling and the cars go by. Just taking it all in.





Last week Sawyer got to meet Santa for the first time. He was so cute grabbing his beard and checking him out. He looked so precious in the Reinder outfit that Honey got him. This is such a special Christmas this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment