Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sawyer Goes to "School"

I don't know if it's a Southern thing or what but here in the South, we call Mother's Day Out, Preschool, etc. school. We have been discussing for a few months about Sawyer starting Mother's Day Out. The main reason we wanted to start now is to have him enrolled somewhere when Savannah comes and be used to going on a regular basis. However, Savannah is due in June and most places don't have a Summer program and they follow the same calendar that the School disrtict does where they are located. After a lot of research, we think we found the best place for him to start Mother's Day Out and they have been doing a Summer Camp every year for the past 5 years so I am praying they will continue this Summer. We will know for sure in a month but if they don't, I have another church lined up but it is 3 days a week and this one is 2.

I got really emotional after taking the tour because I felt guilty for sending him to school and I knew it was just the beginning of him growing up to be a "big boy". The first day came and both his teachers said that he had a great first day with only a few tears. I really didn't think he would cry but for just a few minutes after I left but I guess he wasn't used to being in that type setting for 4 hours. The next time he went, they said that he did great and he had no tears. They couldn't believe it was only his second day. We are in week 3 now and he still has his moments of being clingy when I drop him off but is so happy when I come to pick him up.

What have I been doing while he goes to MDO? Well the first week it worked out good because I had to go to the Doctor because I had pink eye (random) and the next time, I was at the car place for over an hour getting my brakes fixed. I even had to have a friend pick me up because it was taking so long. Both of which would have been difficult if I had Sawyer with me. I plan to schedule my OB visits and go to the gym on days he is at MDO so we will see how long that lasts ;). Overall, it has been the best decision and I am so proud of how he is doing. He is learning to share with others, listen to adults other than Keith and I, do fun crafts and most importantly, having fun. I hope that he can continue going here until he starts Kindergarten.

The first day he passed out on the short 10 mintute drive home. Worn out!

His first Report Card!

So proud to display his first piece of art on our fridge.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad he's doing so well in school! That is great!! :) It is sad to watch them grow up, but it is comforting to see how happy they are in the process!

    ReplyDelete