Wednesday, January 18, 2012

It's a GIRL!!!!

We found out on Monday, January 16th that we will be having a precious baby GIRL in June! We are on cloud 9 and are so thankful for this blessing. Keith and I were SO nervous all morning and it only got worse when we were in the waiting room for the ultrasound. It was like it was our first time or something! When we walked in to the room, the US tech asked us if we wanted to know the gender and we said yes. As soon as we saw the baby on the screen, we couldn't believe how much she had grown since 10 weeks. The first thing she did was to try and get an underneath shot to determine the gender. I immediately thought girl because I didn't see any boy parts and it turns out I was right! The tech was more than positive that it was a girl.
Keith squeezed my hand so hard and I started tearing up. We just couldn't believe it! I had a deep down feeling it was a girl but it was mainly based on how different my symptoms had been from my pregnancy with Sawyer. We got to see the four chambers in her heart, arms and legs, bladder and kidneys, brain, spine, and that she has a 3 vein cord. So far, everything is developing normally. When we met with our Doctor, she told us that I have an anterior placenta which means it is in the front of my uterus so I won't be feeling the really strong kicks until after 20 weeks. I have, however, been feeling her move everyday since the beginning of week 17 but it has been more wave like movements than pops. My heart still flutters every time I feel her. This is by far my favorite part of being pregnant.










Later that night we met both of our families for dinner to reveal the gender. We knew we wanted to trick them so Keith came up with the perfect idea. The way we told them with Sawyer was pulling out an Auburn football jersey. So, he came up with pulling out the same jersey only to make them think it was a boy. Then he said that it was Sawyer's and that the adorable polk a dot Auburn dress he pulled out next was this baby's. Their faces were priceless!!! They were so mad that we tricked them but of course got over it quickly when they realized that we are going to have a sweet baby girl in the family. It was such a great day filled with all kinds of emotions.

As for her name, it will be Savannah Marie Scott. This name has been in the works even before we decided to have children. Savannah, GA was were we spent our first wedding anniversary and it is one of our favorite places to visit. It was also going to be Sawyer's name if he would have been a girl. Marie is both mine and my Mom's middle name. And let's face it, how cute does Sawyer and Savannah sound together?? When we ask Sawyer to say Savannah he says, "Sha nay na". Its the cutest.thing.ever. 


2 comments:

  1. Aww! I, of course, LOVE her name!! We're naming our baby girl Savannah as well. It's a great name. Brantley says her name pretty cute as well. She calls her "Sah-man-nah". It's adorable!! I'm so excited for you. You will love having a baby girl!! Oh and I love the way you told your family about baby girl. That was so tricky but so great! Congratulations again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats friend!!! I'm just now seeing this!! I know you're so excited to have one of each!

    ReplyDelete