Thursday, March 24, 2011

March

I LOVE the month of March for many reasons. It is the beginning of Spring and beautiful weather and it's my Birthday on the 23rd!

A few weeks ago we helped Norah celebrate her first Birthday. She had a Owl themed Birthday and everything turned out so cute! She is such a big girl already and is walking and waving bye bye. She has such a fun personality so we always look forward to seeing her when they are in town. We also loved the bunny ears party favors!







Even though Sawyer is not walking yet I still thought it would be a good idea to get him fitted for shoes so he could get used to them. We met my Mom and the cousins at the mall to go to Stride Rite to have his foot measured. At no surprise to me, his foot is huge!! He is a 6 wide!! They didn't even have the beginners walking soft sole shoe in that size because that is what most 18 mo-2 yr olds wear!! We tried on a differnt pair and they just didn't work out. I couldn't get over that they were $45! I know he needs good shoes but I bet he would only wear them for a few months. I went to another store, Monkey Toes, by our house to see if they had anything. We ran into the same problem there and the salesman told us to come back when he is walking because it is best for them to learn to walk on their bare feet. I'm sure we will be back soon because he is getting so close!



What is this lady doing to me??


"Let me take a picture Mama!"


Look at that sweet baby!




I'm so handsome!

Almost got it on...

Yea, this isn't going to work on Bigfoot!


Two weekends ago we had some friends over who have a little boy Carter who turned one on St. Patrick's Day. He is the cutest little boy with red hair and curls in the back! I was blown away with all the things he can do! Sadly, Sawyer was not so happy when Carter was wanting to play with him. He would start crying and cling on to me whenever Carter would come near him. I had never seen him act like this and to be honest, it was quite embarrassing. He is in this new phase because the last two times that I have picked him up from the nursery at Church he has been upset. It breaks my heart when he does it but I know nothing is wrong. We are going to Carter's Birthday Party this weekend so hopefully Sawyer won't cry again! He's a sensitive fella and I have nooo idea where he get that from. ;)


Last Thursday we went to the lake for a long weekend. We were so thrilled that the water was high enough to take the boat out! Saying that Sawyer loved the boat is an understatement! He loved watching the motor "make bubbles" and he was Papa D's first mate! He looked like a little duck in his bright yellow life jacket. It was the cutest thing ever.















"Look at my Elmo car!"



Sawyer's first fishing experience didn't go off without a hitch. The fish Papa D caught finned him on his leg. Poor guy!



"Why did that slimy, smelly thing do that to me?"

I turned 28 on the 23rd of March. I really had been so distracted with Sawyer's Birthday Party that I didn't have time to even think about my Birthday. Well, thanks to my sweet Hubby and in-laws who made it such a special day, 2 days really. It all started Tuesday when Keith and I bought a new (used) car for me. It was long overdue. The ole' Honda had run its course and was just not feasible for all of our baby gear and the 80 lb lab who takes trips with us. I found a 2008 Hyundai Veracruz at at dealership online. After I test drove it I knew I wanted to buy it. We played the whole "used car buying game" and a few hours later it was ours! I am so in love with it. It has optional 3rd row seating which makes for a huge back area when the seats are folded down. That night we had dinner at the Scott's and they gave me a cute top and bracelet. Kenzie gave me a floral top that will be great for summer. I am so blessed to have great In-laws! On my actual Birthday Keith and I celebrated at my favorite restaurant, 26. It was delicious as always and we had the best waiter who recommended a great red wine which complimented the sushi and fish well. Dinner was followed by a special dessert which was a chocolate chip cookie sandwich with a pink candle for my Birthday wish. Keith got me a "Mommy's Day Out" Spa Package at Santa Fe Day Spa which includes a massage and a mani-pedi. What a great year it's been!

Keith and I stopped by the Scott's on the way to Dinner to see Little Man. He was so cute in his PJs and I even got to put him to bed before we left. They were gracious enough to let him spend the night since we were going to be out late. Who knew that people go to dinner at 7:30!!





1 comment: