Thursday, March 24, 2011

10 and 11 Months

Oops, a little behind! Maybe that's because my little big one is keeping me busy these days! He has definitely mastered crawling in the last two months and is getting closer and closer to walking. Here are some updates on Sawyer:

  • He is eating fruits and vegetables (baby food still), yogurt, cheese, some chicken. I feel like we feed the same things to him over and over so I'm trying to come up with some healthy meals especially since he will be off the bottle soon.
  • He drinks water from his sippy cup. I will give him juice if we go out but I'm going to try and stick with water and milk at home.
  • He still takes 3 8oz. bottles a day.
  • He is a great sleeper and I know we are very blessed. We luckily have never had too much of a struggle at night but sometimes naps are iffy. He sleeps 7-7 and takes a morning and afternoon nap that are 1.5-2 hrs. He had a spell of waking up at 5:30 bright eyed and bushy tailed so I'm so thankful that is over. Better then every 2 hours so I know I shouldn't complain!
  • He weighs 24 lbs. The only reason I know this is because I took him to the doctor last week because he had a temp of 102. I just knew it was an ear infection but luckily it wasn't. It was a fever virus that went away a day later.
  • He can say ma ma, da da, ah da, na na. I'm still working on waving bye-bye.
  • He has learned to play "p pie" and he will bend down and hide or cover his head with his burp cloth.
  • He still wears a size 4 diaper.
  • Like I mentioned in an earlier post, when I go pick him up from the nursery at church he has been crying. I don't know if it is separation anxiety or if its because he doesn't know the workers.
  • It makes me really sad that my baby doesn't like to be held anymore. :( He wants to be on the go non-stop and the only time I do get to is every now and then when he is going down. Most of the time he wants to get in his own comfy bed.
  • He stands up in his bed and on his bumpers when I go get him in the morning. It's so funny seeing him do that. When you get near him, he will grab you to pick him up.
  • His favorite things to play with are definitely books. I will literally read 5 books in a row to him and he will get upset when I put them away. He loves to turn the pages and the pop up ones are an added bonus!
  • The child is ob.sessed with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. He will scooting around in his car (walker) in the morning while I eat breakfast and as soon as he hears the theme song, he is on 2 wheels coming around the corner!!
He's such a sweetie and I love nothing more then when I look down and he has pulled up on my leg saying, "Ma ma".


He would jump through the T.V. if he could!! 

Swinging is also a favorite past time.


Mama and Me!!






1 comment:

  1. Since Sawyer is a big fan of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, I am betting you have done the hotdog dance a few times! We seriously love that dance at our house. : ) And Taylor and Sawyer with those wide feet is something else! It does not make for cheap shoe buying, believe me!

    ReplyDelete