Thursday, December 1, 2011

"Scott Party of Four!"

We are so thrilled to announce that we are having our second child in June 2012!! We are so thankful to God for this blessing. I found out rather early, 3 1/2 weeks, and the secret and excitement was killing Keith and I so we had to share the news with our family and close friends. Three long weeks later we had our first Doctor's appointment and ultrasound. What a miracle to see and hear a heartbeat at 6 weeks. Well, I didn't hear it but Keith and the US technician did and they had to convice me they did. Everything looked great and I was exactly how far along as I thought I was, and the due date is June 19, 2012.
Peanut's first picture!
6 weeks 1 day

A month later, we had another Doctor's appointment and US and it was unbelievable to see how much the baby had grown in just four weeks. The technician was very nice and I think she felt bad for me because I was by myself because Keith was sick so it lasted almost 15 minutes. I watched in amazement as the baby moved and kicked the tiniest little feet I had ever seen. I also got to see the umbilical cord, brain, and other body parts. The heartbeat was 162 and everything still looked good. Praise the Lord! They had to take six viles of blood and I had to get a flu shot so that part of the appointment wasn't too fun.




I was quickly reminded of what it is like to be pregnant again, especially the first trimester woes. Overall I can't complain too much but I have certainly had more nausea and mood swings this time. I really really hope that I don't gain as much weight as I did with Sawyer so that I may have a chance to have a VBAC. We'll cross that bridge when we get there....And, the old saying that you start to show faster the second time around is very true! I swear that I started showing the minute I saw a positive sign on the pregnancy test. Oh well, I'm enjoying the comfortable maternity jeans and the look on people's faces when I tell them I'm due in June!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! Congratulations!!! I'm due May 25th so we'll have babies close in age again. We should try and get together sometime so Brantley and Sawyer can play. I'm sure they would have fun!! Congrats again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOO HOO!!! So excited for you and Keith!! Great to see you guys the other night...hopefully we'll run into you again soon!!

    ReplyDelete