Monday, May 23, 2011

Family Beach Trip

We went to Orange Beach with the Scott's for a week long vacation. I haven't been to the beach for a week since our Honeymoon! We stayed at the Phoenix West which was a great place to stay with a family. The condo was very spacious and had a huge porch with a table and chairs where we spent most nights visiting after Sawyer went to bed. The condo also had a lazy river, walk-in pool, and a water slide. We were so blessed to have beautiful weather and it only rained once for maybe an hour. We ate lots of food and got a little too much sun! It was the second time for Sawyer to go to the beach but this trip was much more fun now that he is walking and could play in the water. We got so much joy out of watching him play in the pool and at the beach. I was quite surprised how much he loved the water. He was fearless! He walked right in the pool and I had quite the time chasing him around. Thank goodness for the covered float that he got for his Birthday. He loved cruising around the lazy river in it! He took the best naps and slept better then he ever has. His room had a blackout curtain and that seemed to really help so I am on the hunt for one for his nursery. Honey and Papa D had a great time being with Sawyer and Honey especially loved making drip castles like she did when Kenzie and Keith were little. Cindy had a Birthday while we were there so they got to enjoy a nice dinner at a new restaurant called The Palms. They were also very gracious and watched Sawyer while Keith and I went to dinner at Cobalt.

Since we left on Mother's Day, we celebrated the day before and my sweet boys made it so special. I got my favorite flowers, a cute dress, and a book, "Are You My Mother?". It is the most adorable book and I love reading it to Sawyer. It's a little longer then his other ones so his patience is gone half way through!



This was taken when we first got there. He was SO excited!

This is where we spent most of our time.

Honey got him this adorable shark towel for his Birthday. It was so cute when he walked around with the fin and tail in the back.

Testing out the sand.








Sunset at Cobalt



He also learned "Touchdown Auburn" and how to blow kisses that week.


We had such a great time and it was so hard to leave and get back to the "real world".

3 comments:

  1. Looks like an awesome trip! So glad you had a great time! And I LOVE the top you got for Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun place! Also, we got Jack's blackout curtains at Target and they make a huge difference! They weren't expensive either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DUDE!!! I had no idea you had a blog!! So glad you left me a comment so I could find yours!! I'm glad you said what you said too. It makes me feel better to know that someone else had that issue too. I think I just get so easily offended when everyone thinks it's a girl and I really think it's a boy. I'm gonna feel like the worst mother ever if it's a girl though ;)

    ReplyDelete