Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Recent Happenings

We had a good weekend this past weekend. We didn't have too much planned which was a nice change since we are normally pretty busy. On Saturday, we took Sawyer to the pool for the first time. He loves bath time so I was sure that he would like the pool. We took him in the morning when it wasn't so hot outside. He wasn't sure what to think at first but ended up loving sitting on the steps and splashing and having Keith take him out and doing "Superman". He wasn't too thrilled about the 30 lb diaper that he had on when he got out! I was over cautious about this so I had a regular diaper and a swim diaper. The fine at our neighborhood pool if there is an accident is $1000!!







Later that night we took dinner to my friend Meg and her family because she had surgery last week. It was eventful to say the least!! We were getting close to leaving when Sawyer had a HUGE blowout that resulted in us having to give him a bath and as we were changing him into some new clothes, he peed all over Keith. And to top it off, he spit up all down Keith's shirt after he was all cleaned up. Thank goodness they have a 14 month old and could not have been more understanding. Poor Sawyer was asleep before we left the neighborhood and we were exhausted too!


On Monday, my friend Shelley gave birth to her and her husband John's baby boy Hunter Stephen Futrell. He weighed 8lbs 6oz and was 20 inches long. I went up to the hospital that day to meet this sweet baby and see the new Mommy. She did really well and Hunter could not be any cuter! It turned out that Shelley was in the room next to where I was when I had Sawyer and I even got to visit with one of the nurses that I had. It was so surreal being back up there and it brought back so many happy memories. I can't wait to see our little boys grow up together.





Today we had Sawyer's 4 month old check up and it went great! He weighs 18lb and 2oz (97th percentile) and was 27 inches (98th percentile). Dr. Smith said he looked very healthy and was pleased with all of his new deveolpments. He wants us to introduce rice cereal and some fruits to him. I can't believe he is at this stage already!! He had to get 4 shots and has been pretty pitiful the rest of the day and he even went to bed at 7:30. Bless his little heart. We are so fortunate to have a happy, healthy, growing baby who is our everything.




I am going to close now with a few more cute pics and a funny video of us giving Sawyer a frozen teething toy. He thought it was a popsicle!



No comments:

Post a Comment